The Homestead Camping
There are multiple caravan and bush camping sites on Quobba.
Powered sites provide approximately 10 hours of power through out the day. No electrical cooking appliances are allowed, as we produce our own power and do not have the electrical capacity to run high energy appliances.
Unpowered sites are scattered throughout the homestead. Chose a site that best suits you when you arrive. Quiet generators welcome.
Waterfront sites are situated on top of the dune with panoramic views of the Indian Ocean and Front beach. The ideal spot to watch whales cruise past during their migratory season (~May to August) and only 50m from the water.
All campsites have access to:
- Fresh water (top up supplies only. Please bring sufficient water for your stay)
- Camp Kitchen (fridge, sink, Gas BBQ)
- Washing machine (takes 3x $2 coins)
- Common ablution block (flushing toilets and solar hot, bore water showers)
- Long drop toilets
- Daily rubbish collection (please bag your rubbish before putting in bins)
- Fire pits (fire wood sold in store, wood collection on Quobba NOT permitted. If you would like to have your own fire, it must be contained in your own fire pit. No ash/coals to be left on site.)
- Tennis court
Pets are welcome however they must remain on a lead at all times. 1080 baits are used on the station.
While the Front Beach is perfect for walking along, collecting shells and watching the sunset, the beach itself goes straight to reef and is not suitable for swimming. The closest swimming/snorkelling locations are The Blowholes Beach (10km South) and 2 Mile (3km North).
*Please note: NO fishing/spearing is allowed on the Front Beach!
**Powered, unpowered and waterfront campsites can now be booked online. There are a limited number of bookable, unpowered campsites. The remainder will remain open to 'walk ins' so if you are unable to get a booking, don't stress! As it is just bush camping (not a limited number of sites), there will always be unpowered sites available for you!
Unpowered site: $17 pp/night
Ocean view unpowered site: $22 pp/night
Powered site: $22 pp/night
Children (5-14): $8 pp/night
Children (0-4): free
*prices are subject to change.